architectural theorist, architectural journalist,...

Talk about architecture, building, and general media, marketing, and advertising. For both online and dead-tree publishing. Bring your examples, news, philosopy, challenges, Q&A. Readers, writers, editors, publishers, agencies all welcome.

architectural theorist, architectural journalist,...

Postby arkitekta » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:51 am

architectural theorist, architectural journalist, design or architectural photographer, all around designer, illustrator and artist...these are the few careers where i want to excel...how can i step up in to these careers? how did any renowned architects reached these kind of dreams? any tips from substantial people..thanks!
arkitekta

Postby The Architect » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:59 am

Got lucky - or blessed, depending on your point of view. But at the end of the day it's all about who you are as an individual and believing in yourself and a lot of damn hard work pushing design as hard as you can - every day!! Strip your designs/photography down to the very essence of what you are all about. Get to the truth of what you have become...

My advice is... put everything you've got into an all or nothing desire. In the immortal words of the Rolling Stones... "Lose your dreams - and you'll lose your mind."

Don't ever look back arkitekta and say "only if I would of..." , "...if I only could of...",. You make it happen and kick down doors if you have too, okay?

Take care...
The Architect

Postby ArchTeque » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:38 pm

I agree with "The architect" - you really need to spend the time on what you want to accomplish. No-one has ever accomplished anything great by just hoping and wishing...

attack your goal and you cant go wrong!
ArchTeque

Return to Publishing and Media Discussion