Design Research Blog -humbly submitted

Talk about architecture, building, and general media, marketing, and advertising. For both online and dead-tree publishing. Bring your examples, news, philosopy, challenges, Q&A. Readers, writers, editors, publishers, agencies all welcome.

Design Research Blog -humbly submitted

Postby joelmckellar » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:26 pm

So, it's been a long while since I've been here, but I have a new project that I think you might be interested in checking out.

The new site is called the Knowledge Center, and it's a client oriented website that highlights and summarizes the latest applied research that could affect the way we design and build facilities. Though the larger goal is to raise awareness of our research efforts as an architecture firm (read: marketing), I made our management promise me that we could stick only to topics that others would find genuinely interesting and relevant. If you take a look, you'll see that there's hardly any mention of our firm or work in the site and I feel like we've done a good job keeping the emphasis on the research itself. Though designed to inform out clients, I suspect many competing firms would find the information useful and relevant to their work.

I started the site in late 2009 by myself to show our management what it would look like and how it would work, and since then we've developed a group of research 'liaisons' in our firm that are responsible for publishing with me acting more as an editor. We're now publishing about 3-4 times a month and have a content backlog that I feel will take us well into 2011.
joelmckellar

Return to Publishing and Media Discussion