The hand-drawings & hand-drawn renderings using computer

Discuss 3D CAD and architectural software, and architectural rendering and design media-related topics. Moderated by the Artifice Customer Support Team.

The hand-drawings & hand-drawn renderings using computer

Postby arc3d » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:56 am

Hi,

First please allow me to introduce myself here: I am working for an architectural rendering service based in China. (I am in the markting department) At the present time, we are exploring international markets, but from the clients feedback, i am very cofused about the new technique: hand-drawn rendering using the computer. Most of the clients can not accept this new tech...
I have made some analysis and think that:
1. the hand-drawings are more flexible, lifelike and visual...
2. the hand-drawn renderings using the computer, though it has less cost & time's advantages, still can not accepted by people widely.

So, what do you think of this new technique's trend? Of course, i am sure the hand-drawings can not be instead.

Welcome your opinions.

Sue

P.S: As attachment are some examples of our products: Hand-drawn renderings using the computer. ( Your any comment is getting highly attention) thank you.
arc3d

Postby Antisthenes » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:23 pm

my first thought is what method are you using?

Sketchup
Penguin
Paranasi
Squiggle
Brazil
Fry Render

there are times people want a traditional hand render but more than not because of time and costs people will accept a computer hand render.
Antisthenes

Postby arc3d » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:46 pm

hi, our only tool is: photoshop
arc3d

Postby eRenders » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:19 pm

Hello Sue,
Welcome to the world of 3D Visualizations.
As you said you use only photoshop to make hand drawn sketches... It is difficult to get the exact proportions. I assume you are sketching and then scanning the image and adding photoshop gradations and colours to the image. If that is so then it is a tedious process.... anyways

To answer your query, This is not a new trend.... sketching has been for years and years while computerised sketching is like 15 years old. I suppose majority of people prefer realistic images that is what I have seen in my 12 year old profession of 3D Renderings. Someone who wants to build a house and see it before its built always prefers to see it as real as it could be. There is a small market for sketches and as you said only photoshop sketches I have hardly come across a very few.

Yes If you talk about Graphical sketches there are some buyers but its a no no for a realestate agencies.

http://www.erenders.com
eRenders

Postby Antisthenes » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:22 pm

arc3d wrote:hi, our only tool is: photoshop

i Hope you are using a Tablet then
Antisthenes

Return to Architectural 3D CAD Discussion