Converting scanned drawings to AutoCad 2006-2009

Discuss 3D CAD and architectural software, and architectural rendering and design media-related topics. Moderated by the Artifice Customer Support Team.

Converting scanned drawings to AutoCad 2006-2009

Postby PaulTaylor » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:37 am

We have many old paper drawings that we need to convert to dwg for space modifications. Does anyone have a recommended software package thar will allow for a fast convert to a usable autocad format?

Thanks
PaulTaylor

Postby CareyMiller » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:44 am

If you have scanned Tiff or PDF files, you can try some raster to vector converters which can extract dots in images and integrate them as vector lines. I have a licensed copy of Raster to Vector Converter which supports AutoCAD R14~2009. You can get a try with it from here: http://www.autodwg.com/vectorNow.htm
CareyMiller

Postby Antisthenes » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:50 pm

i would scan it and lay it as a background image and trace out the major elements you want vectorized

this autodwg 1 post spammer does him/herself more disservice than not.
Antisthenes

Postby svenglezz-ASMEIL » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:22 pm

i'd go with Antisthenes

You should def. scan em' regardless....what if there is a fire :shock:

I'd suggest sending to the local printer and get scanned all good like, they can throw' on to DVD's with nice lables.
svenglezz-ASMEIL

Return to Architectural 3D CAD Discussion