silver screen gallery: critique

This forum is for DesignCommunity forum suggestions and discussion of community administration issues. Post questions about forum posting guidelines here.

silver screen gallery: critique

Postby Landy » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:23 pm

oh my god!!!
yes the most popular thread ever even Archinect.com had it's dose of P.C.'s silver screen gallery (with replies in the millions) now it demands it's place in history. Or else Kevin Mathews future as the virtuoso of this forum is in jeopardy....
Last edited by Landy on Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Landy

Postby P.C. » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:38 pm

Landy I don't understand --- I has pictures not yet published that just get better and better , from the start Silver Screen Galleri was ment as a fresh new wind, proving architecture and arts go hand in hand, but experiments and playing, can even challance the Graffiti people. Projected light was what this was about, and soon I found that if you just think, that "you can just paint after" a projected picture ,quickly find out that even here, even in niches allmost forgotten, new discoveries realy can be found, that new paint technikes can realy be develobed by just playing and having a nice time painting Huge paintings, experimenting with interference patterns and 3D projecting, and when that is not enough even more funny way's of creativity soon will produce yet a wonder --- Silver Screen Galleri was just my way to get away from silli discussions that eveolved from arogance into dirty personal attacks and jeloxy ; isn't that fair. Atleast my paintings become better and better , uncover a beauty I enjoy , issues about arts and creativity I did not meet here, speaking with by passers who shake my hand and say Thank Yoy, old artists who suddenly trust arts again , students who make it a trend, nice people I repeat , nice people .
P.C.
millennium club

Postby Landy » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:43 pm

P.C. please don't get upset I am the type of person that can see behind the rugged imagery on your post. I personaly like it and admire the person that actualy performed the work. I wish more people had your sensitivity. However as architects that we are we must understand that criticism is inherent to our growth. I do believe that if you want to take such expression to another level you should put more money and effort to give it it's place in contemporary art and architecture.
more power to you
LM
Landy

Postby P.C. » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:16 am

Thank you , I tried to describe why I got onto painting -- I dod not know I could paint before this , you see.
Also I hope offcaurse others would try divert their cretivity and realy, I do think good architecture could come out of painting, I mean what else is it that make good architecture why shuldn't painting be just as good an inspiration and maybe better when people is what you paint. For me it work like this ; what house would that one live in , how would that house reflect or enforce just that one in this picture.
Sure a perspective drawing is what we has to maneage, but those people was newer the issue and maybe it become to easy when they end up in ant size, then the houses realy become just nests, yes I realy think it is a good idea to paint those people who you emagine to live in these houses, maybe you then care a bit more for them.
P.C.
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:04 pm

I almost forgot that critic about Silver Screen Galleri is something I did not ask, in fact I care only for positive critic --- the "critic" you can see in the tread Silver Screen Galleri prove exactly why in fact, critic as a whole bother me less than nothing, wouldn't you ?
P.C.
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:10 pm

About architecture I find painting to, more genuine than writing. How much better isn't pictures in terms of visions . still that don't mean a picture is to replace what has to be about writing the code, to generate each building core.
P.C.
millennium club

Postby usarender » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:43 pm

Some people in these forums upload hundreds of images into the forums and into galleries, while others are limited to a 2 MB upload limit. This is an inconsistency. I have a few photos of my work I would like to upload as well, including art work, designs, projects and other material and the system is blocking. Others have reported that the system block their uploads as well. Very strange. In any event, photos of our art work are more appropriate in another section of the forums and not in the architectural forum. Now, if it is free to upload photos here I think this would be a nice place for artists to post their galleries. But certainly this is not an online art gallery but a forum for discussing architecture.
usarender
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:07 pm

Oh I am open to critic about Silver Screen Galleri --- I realy like to know what could be wrong about the multible experiments of all sorts ; 3D projecting, Architectural displayes, cunning artworks, investigating each little niche , sharing the lot and costantly progressing , but stay with relevant critic .
P.C.
millennium club

Postby Landy » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:15 pm

dear "P.C." what's your real name, mine is Landy

Through my life I have received criticism and sometimes criticism can be harsh not wanting to say caustic. Sometimes like most people say we must learn how to suck it up. Again even though I like your paintings I can resist myself to some criticism. If I had a business like Designcommunity.com I would make sure that all business served the interest of this website and Architectureweek. You have given me and probably a lot of other people reasonable doubt that you want to make Designcommunity.com work for you either for your personal gain or profit.
Landy

Postby P.C. » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:43 pm

Hi my name is Per Corell and I newer tried to hide behind fake names , I allway's credited those who deserve credit and support anyone who publish a mail saying they do rendering service and not for free.
I am a designer and I design building methods, -- I know this is a dangouras crafts, as fellow designers can be quite jeloux when someone else get the brave ides they wanted to get themself ; but that is how things allway's worked. And in this tread it is not me who invite to critic, sad though that some in this fora has no limits and no good behaviour -- but is it fair to blame me for their rampage ?
For the attention 3dh made, it seem that the same small group out of a million visitors -- please don't say this is bragging if it is true --- but a million visitors and only one or two , and allway's the same one or two who do not hide that they are only clowning and asking foolish questions is those who complain.
From the start one particular person like a monkey standing outside the door, has have no other agenda , than fooling and lying , allway's over the edge and allway's mudthrowing name calling ----
But back to subject --- even in a serious tread where serious critic will be answered ,the same person burst in and complain, complain and go off-topic pointing to his own fantastic projects --- but that is maybe allright , I guess it is and you are most welcome to stay with his creations and projects. They surely will be very real and entertaining, --- I just wonder who's next, you see when someones only tallent is harassing one particular, like the class bully, then when I am gone , another one will be the next victim ---- and landy do not say that usarender has pesented one single painting or one single new building system, that's the difference, beside I stand by my words and my name.
P.C.
millennium club

Postby usarender » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:48 pm

usarender
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:51 pm

But Landy there are one great relive, and I am willing to do this for all your benefit --- you see, when I say Buh the monkey say Buh to, when I drink Gin the monkey drink Gin to and when I get banned, the monkey get banned to ; and for the benefit of all, I am willing to relive you all. The site maybe profit from the traffic to Silver Screen Galleri , for a while , but at the same time everyone will know what they read , and as only one of two out of thousands of visitors are complaining while the silent majority just enjoy nice pictures and exiting structural idears, then I wonder who profit.
P.C.
millennium club

Postby usarender » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:57 pm

SDR wrote:Per, .........that doesn't let you off the hook: his list of (usarender) questions and criticisms is the most complete and comprehensive one -- and, in case you can't or won't see it, those questions are echoed in one way or another by almost EVERY SERIOUS VIEWER OF FANCY GRAPHICS SINCE THE BEGINNING.

Numbers of viewers doesn't necessarily equal number of those who agree with you. The vast proportion of responses to you has been questioning. Could there be a good reason for this, Per ? Can you accept that in fact you have failed to answer, have evaded perfectly reasonable questions, again and again, about 3DH -- while insisting you have in fact answered them ? You hve readily insulted those who made an honest attempt to make sure they understood what you were proposing.

When pushed to the wall by the contest kindly arranged on another board, you for the first time addressed the possible need for additional bracing, for instance. Are you aware that all previous attempts by many readers to get some recognition of this issue were avoided by you ? Is this honest and forthcoming ? Never before this did the concept -- or even the mention -- of skins, and their possible structural contribution, appear in your posts. Suddenly we've entered the realm of semi-stressed skin design. Better late than never ?

Of all your readers, I believe I am the only one who tried to understand your thinking about the implications of 3DH by ACTUALLY DRAWING SOMETHING MYSELF, and posting it, to see if I was on the same track as you.

If the past is any indication, you will read this hastily, fail to understand what I said, and launch into another tirade -- angrily, in garbled English.

It's just so sad. . .and boring.

SR
usarender
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:58 pm

Well Landy you just has to look above, -- and please realise that the links he point to do not produce any new structural system only his own personal oppinions and a load of personal attacks. Such behaviour is paranoid and next time it could be you he would attack, think about it ; how this guy enjoy to harras someone else , someone he describe in a dirty and covard screwed up minds way. --- Please read his fantasies about me and realise that this is his master plan, what he is good at, do not turn your back to guy's who is not able to restrict themself , and then try put yourself in my place that might help you understand what has been happening here, and what destroyed this great site.
P.C.
millennium club

Postby usarender » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:13 pm

This guy does not have much to say, other then trying to ridicule and slander other forum members. And now he tries to get Landy to defend his distorted views.

Now about the systems I have elaborated and posted -->>

An insert, by the way, of one of the forum discussions:

These answers and problems people refer to are part of any project. At any project inception, before there are architectural details and before all the project is finished, and you are at the conceptual stage, then you cannot simply expect one to address all the issues in details.

My projects a are at a very conceptual state still and therefore there are many areas that are in need of development. Therefore, people cannot at this point expect to get all the answers.

Now, if one believes in a vision, one seeks constructive advice during the process to aid in the development of the same. But one continues the vision. One does not give up simply because others have drawn questions and issues of impracticality. Before Mr. Ford produced the first V engine, look at all the technical difficulties his engineers faced. But he insisted in the vision and believed it was possible, against all odds. It is the same with any endeavor in life.

As you can see, this project is intended to inspire, and is at the initial stages. So there are many "bugs" to fix and tweak until we get there.

and a quote from a post I made on another discussion -->>

With any job to do, any new vision, there must always be a catalyst of change. Others may interpret this wrong, as someone trying to be famous and thus try to downplay their cause or deride their ideas, but the underlaying backbone of what is being suggested in hidden words can be clearly seen. Others simply cannot stand to have someone with great vision come along, as they claim, "they are trying to get famous, let's walk over them.."

It is easy for those to do this who are not architects, who have no vision, and easy to give free advice and spew out accusations or even try to make fun of those with vision, and attempt to down play their cause, but the duplicity and ill intent is clear in such individuals. To claim some deserve merit in this foolish attempt to diminish others is quite amusing. It reveals there are those who lead, there are those who follow, and there are those whose no other purpose is to try to confuse both those who lead and those who follow in a nice clever composition of words that is intended to deceive, re direct the attention and diminish the cause of the visionaries.

Now there is much to be said of this social responsibility issue and it's lack of being properly addressed in architecture. It is easy for us to refer to it but we need specific examples.

Further, the hidden words can even be seen in those who criticize this new terminology of architectural language, by suggesting a concept cannot be simply a composition of materials and shapes into a nice vision. Here they error again, as they have not understood the language behind the vision, and the thinking that lead to it's inception, clearly posted on the topics of sky-scrapers: A Typology Problem? Thus, the nice words are there but the meaning behind the words is clear, blatant and not hidden. The intent to diminish the cause of others continues, and they go on to cry "he wants to be famous", "let's smash him down and diminish his visions. " They care not to respond in a logical way to the arguments, to the systems, to the visions, to the ideas, and the rationale behind the same. They rather ignore this and hide their intent behind "suggestions" and vague words, that is, vague to those who do not pay attention, but clearly exposed here. At times they proceed to demonstrate a degree of friendliness, to then in turn reveal their incapacity to adopt and respond to the vision of others in a rational way.

In depth analysis of 3DH

and -->>

Better Alternate Structural Systems
usarender
millennium club

Next

Return to DesignCommunity Discussion