Ancient Underwater City-scapes, Visible with Google Earth?

This forum is for friendly discussion among DesignCommunity members on weather, sports, politics, fishing, and those other parts of life that don't fit into the topic-specific DesCom discussions.

Sphinx of Erinyes, and St. George slaying the dragon

Postby Ed Ziomek » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:11 am

Again, I go back to my limited library, scouring for old Greek and Egyptian images.

On the cover of a 1903 book Prolegomena, to the Study of Greek Religion, by Jane Ellen Harrison, is a Sphinx like character, with a very unusual shape.

Would this shape ALSO be a geographic overlay? I now believe so. The head of the Sphinx appears to be Iceland, rotated 90 degrees depicting at least 4000 BC, with tail circling the area of Gibraltar, hind legs in the Azores, and wings intersecting Ireland.

I added red dots to show the actual NOAA “road systems” visible on the ocean floor, which line up explicitly with the sphinx image (yellow dots).

Pushing my luck, thinking that possibly the earliest rendition of the “dragon” or Erinyes, or Fury or Keres might have been subsequently submerged, I tried the St. George image overlaying Great Britain, the one of him "slaying the dragon”. I cannot claim an exact match on this one, although it is coincidentally similar in lines and shape.

Historically, the names of the Erinyes, the Furies, the Keres, have always been speculated on... “Where did they exist, in actual Greek mythology or in Geographic, cultural fact?”

I am reminded that the story of St. Patrick "ridding Ireland of the snakes", may have been an allegory of the more likely events of St. Patrick "ridding Ireland of the snake people”, i.e., the fierce pagan warriors who tattooed themselves with snake imagery.

It is as if, once the snake/serpent/dragon geography and territories were submerged, and the dragon-people controlled, a very condensed lion design replaced the dragon imagery in the more modern Brittania depiction.

My amateur theory:
I think the “snake people”, the dragon people, aka the angry Erinyes, aka Keres, Furies, Fomorians, the fierce warriors, were pre-Celtic cultures located from present day Ireland to Iceland, and all submerged areas in between.

Fomorians, from Irish mythology, Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fomorians
In” Irish mythology, the Fomorians, Fomors, or Fomori (Irish Fomóiri, Fomóraig) were a semi-divine race who inhabited Ireland in ancient times. They may have once been believed to be the beings who preceded the gods, similar to the Greek Titans. It has been suggested that they represent the gods of chaos and wild nature, as opposed to the Tuatha Dé Danann who represent the gods of human civilization. Alternatively, they may represent the gods of a proposed pre-Goidelic population of Ireland.”

Erinyes, Erin...
http://www.amazines.com/Erinyes_related.html
1. mythology the Erinyes Erinys; lit. "the angry ones") or Eumenides, or Furies ...
Roman mythology were female, chthonic deities of vengeance or supernatural personifications of the anger of the dead. They represent regeneration and the potency of creation, which both consumes and empowers. A formulaic oath in the Iliad (iii.278ff; xix.260ff) invokes them as "those who beneath the earth punish whoever has sworn a false oath."
Ed Ziomek

Long shot: Image Design Overlay... habitat shrinkage?

Postby Ed Ziomek » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:14 pm

So far, I am led to believe that the St. George legend is in the 300 AD time frame, while the Britannia image is depicted in the 1700 time frame. Both most certainly were based on earlier depictions, given the 90 degree counter clockwise angle they seem to be aligned with.

It occurred to me that if the Britannia and St. George statues basically covered the same area of Great Britain, and if they were meant to be as geographically correct as possible to be used as navigation aids, then there is a slight chance that the overlay of these images might offer an opportunity to study the rise in ocean waters over the differential in time period of their depiction, i.e., 1400 years.

I am guessing that I am probably right, in the 75% range, and with the new Google Earth 5.0 and the ocean floor imagery, possibly more accuracy can be obtained.

Reference:
Michael Collins article on St. George...patron saint of England
http://www.britannia.com/history/stgeorge.html
Ed Ziomek

Gulf of Mexico today.

Postby Ed Ziomek » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:49 am

Baffled. Stumped. I have no explanation for the following, and it is a MAJOR phenomena for only the best scientists and competent historians, geologists, surveyors, so far beyond what my tourist observations can give.

The images are from the Gulf of Mexico, only the angular disposition is 180 degrees from what we call True North.

First image, the Gulf, upside down, with the cluster of images showing face cliffs on a set of valleys or mountain ranges. The reader might begin to notice the entire center of the Gulf if obscured out, by some very competent graphics people no doubt, probably US Navy.

The top of the photos are generally True South, but the face images I derived on the Floor of the Gulf of Mexico, are rotated 135 to 155 degrees clockwise from True North, almost aiming for True South!

If the face figures are traditionally “facing West” in their death posture, then what we call South was once North indicating a Pole shift, or internal magnetic shift (??) of mega proportions.

If they are facing North, then the time frame is in the 18000-year-ago time frame.

They cannot be facing East in my guesstimation, because they would be upside down in any depiction if facing East.

The most recognizable figure (red dot, middle image) is located 53 miles from Thomasin Lump Louisiana (1), 74 miles from Venice, Louisiana (2) , 90 miles from Petit Bois Island, Mississippi (3), and 96 miles from Dauphin Island Alabama (4). I would guess it is 1000 feet underwater.

Note the North angle of the figure I will call “King Thomasin Louisiana”. And if you look close, there are 3 or 4 other facial images dimly embedded.

Second graphic...
The second image is my attempt to decipher some of the deliberately obscured center portion of the Floor of the Gulf of Mexico, which shows an ENORMOUS human habitat area, in hundreds of square miles, and face figures by the dozens.

So I have managed to decipher one image, call him “Graham Hancock”, and I show his dimension from top of the cranium to bottom of his chin, about 100 miles long. the other figure, “King Thomasin” gets a single white dot in the lower frame, being only 9 miles long.

The reader may also notice hundreds of agricultural (?) serrated cuts in the Valley and elevation landscape, with some precise parallel cuts, certainly not roads, varying in angular disposition, as if they were flood-control ditches, varying precise widths (depending on areas) of l mile wide or so, by 10, 20, 50 miles long. It is a surveyors dream, these strange serrations on the floor of the Gulf.

I have no answers, but some sharp human being, and the US Navy, and the NSA, and NOAA certainly have good reasons to obscure 1.5 million square miles of treasure fields.

Speechless, again, and again. No hint of an answer on these images from me, but it is a scientific TREASURE for somebody!!!
Ed Ziomek

Google Ocean discovery, from Bernie Bamford of Chester!

Postby Ed Ziomek » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:26 am

Bernie Bamford of Chester: Historical Hero!!!

Caution here... repeating my reminder, as I have no formal education or pedigree, my theories are completely theoretical and amateurish, only to be presented as “observations” for competent authorities to review.

Mathew Moore of the Journalistic website Telegraph.co.uk reported an unusual story on Friday which I happily congratulate him for, regarding a find by Bernie Bamford of Chester. While the world is validly skeptical, it took me several hours to research Bernie’s find, a rectangular image on the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean, found with the new Google Ocean satellite imagery product. I sincerely conclude in my mind, it is absolutely man- made and should be considered part of the missing Atlantis continent.

While there is speculation it might ALSO be the EXACT “City of Atlantis”, I am concluding it is absolutely part of what was described as the Atlantean continent, but not necessarily part of the legendary missing City structure. (nor do I claim to exactly know where it is)

I actually reviewed the discovered area, a rectangular labrynth-maze of what appears to be mud and water retaining dikes, 3/4 miles wide, in a complete structure spanning 100 miles long, and 80 miles wide.

It appears that the mountainous region of the Mid Atlantic Ridge areas, Southeast of the Azores, were spilling runoff into this ocean valley-floor area, and massive construction efforts were made to protect the inner city convergence points from the mud flows. In addition, two causeways leading from the center of the city area extend to the West towards some higher seamount rises, but the entire surrounding 250,000 square miles seem to show extensive habitat locations and artistic images, now covered with massive mud layers.

What is further astonishing is the angular depiction of the head of a King or God, found within the rectangular maze, which faces East, upside down, with the crown of the head pointing South, and with an absurd facial angle I am guessing, at 190 degrees from true North. I can only speculate this to be 14,000+ years ago. Truth be told, I haven’t the foggiest how old it is, but it must be incredibly ancient.

Anyways, first image... rectangle habitat as Bernie Bamford found it, but with me rotating it 190 degrees from True North.

Second image, facial profile (there may be smaller images embedded), also showing a Plaedies “ovular circle” and city center temple-like structure.

Bernie, I say you have found a mega-treasure, and count me in on the opinion that it is certainly Atlantean continent, Atlantean era! Great reporting by the Telegraph, thank you Mathew Moore. (PS...If these be sonar scan marks, then the ships pilot was traveling in a perfect oblong track for one set of marks.)

Article references, from the Telegraph....

Google Ocean: Atlantis 'found off Africa' turns out to be boat mapping lines
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandte ... frica.html

Counter opinion...Ben Patterson, Gadget Hound on Yahoo Tech....
Breaking! Atlantis discovered on Google Earth (well, maybe)
http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/39274
Ed Ziomek

Atlantis map, overlays ocean floor... Survivor's Version?

Postby Ed Ziomek » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:56 am

This one is enormously special to me, and I hope you understand and appreciate a historical “convergence” that is taking place. I am 99% sure on this one, if not 100%!

One of the most famous Atlantis maps shows a large island body to the West of Spain and Africa. Was it a fanciful rendition? Was it factual?

Actual map, and geographic overlay.

Well, of course, with the satellite imagery, I believe I have located it on the ocean floor, the “usual suspects area” of the Azores.

What I did not believe, EVER in my wildest dreams, that a well known ancient map might indicate strongly where the physical City of Atlantis was. True, I can’t say for sure, nor can anyone say for sure, I still don’t know. But overlaying the map and the ocean floor geography gives two very strong candidates.

One is the “upside down mountain” which is not a mountain at all, but a triangle area composed of the mouth area of the “lion’s head image” posted earlier, immediately North of the Azores.

The second is what looks like a compass arrow in a circle, which may point North, or it may in fact be the City of Atlantis. I still don’t know.

But I added a treat on this one, and that is I am giving thumbnails of the master geography location, with Registration marks. A Photoshop person can take the first master, and create a new file calling this image, Layer 1. Layer two, if one deletes the background color and copies the remainder image into the master, is the outline of the Atlantis map borders, which if one looks close enough, has two pinpoint shadows which line up with the pupils of the lion’s eyes.

And as an option, I have added a detailed inside image for the “Island land area”, should anyone want to isolate the inside area.

Azores area, with orange registration marks...

Yellow Map outline, with registration alignment marks (remove the blue color background)

Optional inside detail

Aside from the pure ecstatic feeling I have in this apparent discovery, I have my major, major misgivings about this map’s title. The map excludes the entire area around Bermuda, which show obvious road-lines and habitat indications. The map excludes the massive habitat areas immediately West of Gibraltar, and Southwest of Greenland, and South of England/Ireland, and West of France/Spain and Morocco. In short, all the lowest ocean floor areas, in traditionally “Atlantean legendary locations”, which show Massive unmistakable habitat indicators, are excluded! One side light is that it DOES seem to include the ancient quadrangle habitat-find of Bernie Bamford, Chester, England, on its southern border.

My conclusion: What this map most definitely shows is the “survivor’s Atlantis”, the last redoubt of land around Azores, prior to virtually total loss with rising waters. I can see the original Atlantis area including surrounding, higher elevation areas, which probably inherited the earlier legacies, and then were finally destroyed themselves in successive inundations, mud flows, and earthquakes. But I can’t be sure the label on this “Atlantis map” means the “original” country and legendary City.

For the purist, I hope he/she can enjoy lining up the first and second layers, then toggling the yellow outline from the top to the bottom, (cntl-[, and cntl-]), checking on River indications, triangle location, compass location, layering over the face of the lion North of the Azores, and outlining the Mid-Atlantic Ridge area. It is spell binding to me.

Hope you can enjoy it too.
Ed Ziomek

Postby justellus » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:21 pm

Ed,

This is a great link for you:

http://www.morien-institute.org/yonaguni.html

Ancient underwater structures.

Catastrophes and ancient civilizations.

Under-water lost pyramid structures.

Voyages of pyramid builders.

Graham Hancock Underworld.

Heaven's Mirror

Marien Archeology, Astro Archeology.

History's Mysteries

"Do undersea relics near Okinawa offer proof of a sophisticated civilization during the last ice age? Archeologists have long believed that civilization as we define it -- intelligent, tool-making, monument building, social humans -- began about 5,000 years ago. But submerged beneath the waves near the Japanese island of Yonaguni is evidence that may well overturn that long-held theory.

A small but persuasive number of scholars and scientists have long thought that "advanced" societies may have existed as long as 10,000 years ago. Their theories, however well reasoned and defended, have been hamstrung by a lack of evidence. But recent discoveries of man-made artifacts on the Pacific seafloor may well prove to be the smoking gun that will propel this alternative view of civilization to prominence".

Underworld: Flooded Kingdoms of the Ice Age (Hardcover)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... institut0b

Review
Hancock has virtually cornered the market in this kind of speculative writing, and his reputation as the New Age answer to David Attenborough is well earned. Much of the ancient world inherited by our ancestors now lies under water after melting ice caps flooded vast areas at the end of the last Ice Age. New advances in geology and marine technology mean that the great archaeological finds of this coming century will more than likely be found under the oceans. It now looks likely that large populations of early humans were obliterated from the historical record by this catastrophe over 10,000 years ago. But who were these populations: hunter-gatherers or more sophisticated peoples? Hancock applies his customary imaginative speculation on a quest to find some of the answers.

No stranger to controversy, Graham Hancock has had armchair archaeologists glued to the box with his television series Flooded Kingdoms of the Ice Age, which this book accompanies. Citing the numerous clues in historical manuscripts (such as the Hindu Vedas) and ancient mythology, he scurries around the globe in search of the evidence he believes exists for a number of highly advanced civilizations wiped out by the flood at the end of the last Ice Age, 10,000 years ago. The people who then inhabited the earth were not mere hunter-gatherers (as is generally accepted) but altogether more sophisticated, capable of building great city-states. Hancock's odyssey takes him to India, China, Japan and Malta, and involves the reader not just in a great deal of archaeological background and know-how, but in the practicalities, risks and pleasures of diving - for these alleged remains are all to be found underwater. No stone is left unturned (nor unattributed to human hands) in Hancock's quest, which culminates in 'an explosive revelation of a global mystery'. Of course, one is tempted to view all this with a certain degree of scepticism. After all, Hancock is in a minority among marine archaeologists. Most experts dispute or even dismiss outright his claims, and maintain that the structures he has found are not man-made at all, but natural. Frankly, it's hard to tell from the murky photographs on show here (or the sometimes murky text). This is a truly mammoth undertaking, brevity not being Hancock's strong point, and it reads uncomfortably like a PhD thesis at times, though at others it's refreshingly engaging, almost reminiscent of an Indiana Jones adventure. As Hancock says, it's important that other views (his views) are heard, and his arguments are, to the lay reader, as compelling (and exhaustive) as his enthusiasm is infectious. Stark raving mad or merely bonkers? You decide. (Kirkus UK)

Celestial Alignments of the Yonaguni Underwater Monument

Heaven's Mirror: Quest for the Lost Civilization (Paperback)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... ninstitute

Review:

Hancock's chief thesis in "Heaven's Mirror" is that numerous ancient sites and monuments - the pyramids of Mexico and Egypt, the ruins of Angkor Wat in Cambodia, the monuments of Yonaguni in the Pacific, and the megaliths of Peru and Bolivia - are situated in such a way, geodetically, that they point towards some separate and uniform influence, some lost civilization or "invisible college" of astronomer-priests.

Review:

Obligatory reading for anyone who cares about history..., November 10, 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Heaven's Mirror: Quest for the Lost Civilization (Hardcover)
For everyone left in the world who is spellbound by the precision and scale of architectural feats of wonder fashioned centuries ago by enigmatic people, Heaven's Mirror is the pot of gold at the end of the reading rainbow. Not only is this marvellous book packed with breathtaking photography of such sites as Giza, Angkor Wat, Teotihuacan, Machu Picchu, Sacsayhuaman and many more, but the accompanying text and diagrams eloquently lay out a theory whose ramifications shake the fundamental assumptions of human history.

Graham Hancock is proposing that the unimaginable amount of effort that went into megalithic structures around the world was NOT merely the result of ego-driven monarchs erecting tombs for themselves and monuments for their gods. For if you stand at these sites (as Hancock and Faiia did) at crucial times during the year (solstices and equinoxes) you can easily see that entire groundplans are oriented with the sun, moon and stars. In fact, Hancock prodigiously documents that many of these sites are exact replicas of constellations known to be of great significance to the civilizations that built them. Further, many sites mirror their respective constellations not as they looked when the sites were built, but in the epoch of 10,500 BC. This in turn requires knowledge of the precession of the equinoxes, the apparent shift of the constellations through the sky caused by the wobbling of the earth on its axis. This process takes almost 26,000 years to complete and takes 72 years to shift just one degree.

It just so happens that not only are these ancient megalithic sites exact replicas of constellations in a common, vastly distant epoch, but the sites themselves are separated in relation to each other by units of measurement that also proclaim precessional knowledge. For example, Giza, Egypt (whose three famous pyramids have apexes that reproduce the pattern of stars formed in Orion's belt (Orion was literally thought of as Osiris to the ancient Egyptians) and whose infamous Sphinx faces directly east and would have faced its "reflection" in the constellation Leo just before dawn in 10,500 BC) is located 72 degrees of longitude from Angkor Wat in Cambodia (a site which, seen from above, depicts the constellation of Draco, also in the sky to the north in the epic of 10,500 BC). 72 years, you'll remember, is the amount of time the sky takes to precess one degree.

I hope the foregoing will encourage you to read this book from cover to cover. The above example is really just a tiny piece of the massive amount of evidence contained in this incredibly important book. Graham Hancock deserves praise for being bold enough to continue the controversial search for the truth he began in Fingerprints of the Gods. His attention to quantifiable detail, referral to original sources of scholarly study via endnotes and use of mouthwatering photography and clear diagrams make Heaven's Mirror a huge pleasure to read. What he's suggesting flies in the face of conventional notions about the technological sophistication of the ancients, but then, so do the very edifices that they've cleverly designed to last until now. Far from trying to shroud these ancient sites with an air of mystery, Hancock is trying to unravel some of their secrets by using hard science combined with a knowledge of religious syntax to get at the real significance of the message left by the builders. It now seems that there was indeed a strong reason for making sites that could not be destroyed by the gradual or even the sudden ravages of history.

I won't spoil the message part for you, but suffice to say that if Hancock is correct in his hypotheses, modern civilization could learn some things of great relevance from the ancients.

Have you found any evidence of ancient under-water pyramid structures in your searches Ed? If not, perhaps you will begin to find many in your searches. Now, looking in the continental shelves and coastal under-water areas seems to be the key as expressed in this research above.
justellus

Graham Hancock: Exceptional

Postby Ed Ziomek » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:04 am

JT... thank you for the great information. Yes, I have been contributing on a Japanese website regarding these findings for about 3-4 years.

The Underwater Pyramid of Iseki Point by “Lexico”
http://www.jref.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14895

Satellite Imagery Shows ancient Human Habitation on ocean floors
http://www.jref.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36872

If you took all the archaeologists and scientists and anthropologists, and placed them in Yankee stadium, Graham Hancock would be the Home Plate Umpire, and I would gladly be in the bleacher seats.

He is I believe, the absolute authority on this subject, from at least 20 years ago to the present. In my very small contribution, though, I have accomplished minor translation contributions of various historic elements, including Tehoti/Thoth in Teotihuacan, and lately the Greek/Irish/English embedding of navigation aids in mythology images.

Have I found Temples? Well, yes, I believe if you define continents as 1 million square miles, then I have found about four of them all over the world. And I believe I have found 20 countries, till I stopped counting, also on the ocean floor. And I believe I have found about 7 Plaedies alignments on the ocean floors, all oceans by the way, which are typically several hundred miles long, with a Venus star, giving a time/date stamp of its construction. And temple-apparent structures by the hundreds, but it is hard to tell because I am looking on the scale of half mile and up. The 8000 square mile “Bamford-Chester Quadrangle” was a wonderful exception in that it articulated a pinpoint which could only have been a temple area. And faces of Kings/Queens by the hundreds, till I don’t bother posting them for the most part, they are all over the world.

Notice, by the way, I say “found” and not “discovered”. All of what I am looking at seems to pop up in published articles from 1998, by Columbia University, or National Geographic, or William Penn from 1690. University of South Florida, Oregon University, University of Hawaii, Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute, the usual names keep popping up, they have to know all of this too.

Huge news for me though, is matching ancient maps to the ocean floor geography, like the Atlantis map. And what gives me heart attacks is the angle posture of the Heads of Kings in these areas, upside down by today’s standards, meaning they were built in an age when SOUTH WAS NORTH, and EAST WAS WEST!!! I have run out of superlatives trying to fathom how old these can possibly be... my guess, must exceed 12000 years old, and probably 18 to 24 thousand years ago. And you might appreciate this, I have 20 stories lined up, which I debate and debate and debate with myself... how the hell would anybody believe me? So they sit, “on ice”.

Net, net, JT, guess what is the consequence? I am now strongly suspecting that whole areas which I mentioned and authored about, 12-18 months ago, and displayed in these threads, are now un-officially obscured by my favorite of favorites, Google Earth. (Caribbean for example) I hope I am wrong, but that is what I now suspect.

Where Graham Hancock, (Fingerprints of the Gods, Sign and the Seal, Underworld, etc) physically found organized cities dating back to 9000 BC, he gave all of us my favorite quote:(paraphrased)...”It is entirely possible that whole epochs of time and cultures, of major advanced capabilities including like our own, have come and gone without a trace, in our very distant past.”

It has been fun.
Ed Ziomek

Postby justellus » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:08 pm

Ed, glad to hear you appreciated the info.

And here are some extraordinary images:

A Face in the Clay

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packa ... 81,00.html

The "Indian Head" is most amazing, and too real looking to be a simple artifact of nature:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eaaXUONwoEA/S ... n-head.jpg

Nefertiti image on Mars:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_eaaXUONwoEA/S ... lide42.jpg

The Dolphin

The "King"

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eaaXUONwoEA/S ... lide44.jpg

The "Fat Man"

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eaaXUONwoEA/S ... lide43.jpg

Found here -->>

http://darkmission.blogspot.com/

and, there is the article on the same page -->>

Meet the New Boss... the Same as the Old Boss

And proof that Richard DID work for Nasa...

And the next... Vast ruins beneath the ground on Mars... equivalent to sub-surface details on earth, except this time..on Mars...

and of course, under areas covered with ice....

http://darkmission.blogspot.com/

And this is a great find as well -->>

http://www(dot)disclose(dot)tv/action/viewvideo/2653/Underworld__Graham_Hancock_Pt__9_11/

(repace dot above for actual dots)

Marine Archeology Asleep?

Marine archaeology has been possible as a scholarly discipline for about 50 years - since the introduction of scuba. In that time, according to Nick Flemming, the doyen of British marine archaeology, only 500 submerged sites have been found worldwide containing the remains of any form of man-made structure or of lithic artefacts. Of these sites only 100 - that's 100 in the whole world! - are more than 3000 years old.

This is not because of a shortage of potential sites. It is at least partly because a large share of the limited funds available for marine archaeology goes into the discovery and excavation of shipwrecks. This leaves a shortage of diving archaeologists interested in underwater structures and a shortage of money to pay for the extremely expensive business of searching - possibly fruitlessly - for very ancient, eroded, silt-covered ruins at great depths under water. Moreover, with the recent exception of Bob Ballard's survey of the Black Sea for the National Geographic Society, marine archaeology has simply not concerned itself with the possibility that the post-glacial floods might in any way be connected to the problem of the rise of civilizations. (http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... cksea.html)

In 1997 a chain of mountains almost 2000 kilometers long and more than 3000 meters high was discovered in the South Pacific. Nobody ever knew the mountains were there before because they are under water - as, in fact, is 70 per cent of the earth's surface. Marine archaeologists -- who are looking for targets much smaller than mountain-ranges under the sea -- can therefore be forgiven for finding just 100 submerged sites more than 3000 years old in the past half century. Even at the crude mapping level, it is one of the absurdities of scientific priorities that we now have a better map of the surface of Venus than we do of the 225 million square kilometers of our own planet's sea-floor.

But now let's remember as well that along continental margins and around islands across the world an area bigger than the Unites States of America was inundated at the end of the Ice Age: 3 million square kilometers (an area the size of India) was submerged around Greater Australia alone; another 3 million square kilometers went under around South-East Asia; the Florida, Yucatan and Grand Bahama Banks were fully-exposed off the Gulf of Mexico; huge areas of land were swallowed up in the Mediterranean, the Black Sea, the North Sea and the Atlantic, etc, etc, etc - the list really does goes on and on.

In my view the possibility of a serious "black hole" in scientific knowledge about recent prehistory is plausible, reasonable and worthy of consideration. I therefore propose that the conclusions of modern archaeology regarding the origins and early evolution of human civilization should be treated as provisional until a comprehensive, global, marine-archaeological survey of continental shelves down to depths of at least 120 meters has been undertaken.

Graham Hancock

www.grahamhancock.com/underworld/
justellus

True on all counts, but let's not lose focus

Postby Ed Ziomek » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:41 am

JT... True on all that you mention, who is caring? The clay figure in Alberta is absolutely a facial portrait of a King, but who is listening?

Bottom line, let's not change the focus of this thread from underwater city-scapes, to facial portraits of Kings on land, or Mars portraits, or any more Graham Hancock quotes.

Do you have any underwater facial portraits? Underwater cities besides Yonaguni? Underwater roads or convergence points? Underwater habitats? Underwater artwork visible via satellite imagery? Ancient maps that overlay ocean floor geography?

Lets add to the discussion on these topics, or please create your own new threads on the Mars issues, and the Graham Hancock quotes. Otherwise we dilute the topic and end up scattered.

Thanks.
Ed Ziomek

Postby justellus » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:49 am

This was only a suggestion or means to fortify the idea that Google earth can be an optimal tool to help humanity make such new discoveries, and that in fact such evidence of ancient civilizations exists indeed not only under the ocean, but all throughout our universe.

Therefore, my intent in suggesting the links and referring to the images was not to diverge this topic away, or create a thread on all types of facial images over the universe, but simply to add on to and fortify the idea that such images indeed exist, whether then under the sea, or some other location.

So I was trying to be supportive, and was somewhat excited to discover that indeed such evidence exists all over the universe.

It would be only sad to see if you don't share in this excitement of discovery....

If you do, then a common good has been achieved - that such images appear all over the universe, and thus those that appear under the surface of the earth, or under the sea, as just as valid.

The fact is that many will consider such a thread to be imaginary, and not scientific. This is what I was trying to get to. Seeing faces in imagery that are clearly real images is an incredible topic. I feel this is very encouraging, to know that indeed there are many mysteries in the universe of images appearing in the least expected places, so why not under the sea? This is a great place to start.

For humanity to benefit, one needs to think in terms of what works for archeology and for marine exploration, and how to encourage participative efforts to make such new discoveries.

Certainly we cannot isolate ourselves into imaginary worlds of our own fancy and imagination, to the exclusion of real science. Should we proceed in this manner, we are only demonstrating that our science is not true science, as it is neither open nor participative. We are deluding ourselves if we propose to the world visions and ideas that have no backing in facts that can be demonstrated by other phenomena and events. Thus, the need to connect science with science, and not fancy with science.

When there is an open mind, and our scientific ideas can be seen and matched in other realms of science, then we have a valid theory that can be tested. But if we limit our science and ideas to a strict perspective that is isolated from other scientific endeavor, we are not proposing true science, but only an individual vision that is isolated from the greater world of science.

If we can continue to find more evidence for such civilizations and under water city-scapes, and facial portraits under the ocean, humanity will only stand to gain.
justellus

You have a valid point of view, and start your own thread

Postby Ed Ziomek » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:10 am

Well, JT, in all fairness, this thread is not about humanity, and it doesn't have to tie into your definition of "science", and it is not about your personal opinion agendas.

It is about underwater or phenomenal satellite imagery observations that others can duplicate with Google Earth. The images I present as "observations", can be duplicated by anyone. You posted images that are not identified by location, so no one can duplicate or find. You also posted a poor video clip that could not load on my machine, and I have no idea if it is legitimate or not.

And you mentioned about locations on Mars. Who is talking about Mars, except yourself?

And you are quoting Graham Hancock extensively from his website or book. That may be flattering for you, in your mind, but it's not focused right for this thread on underwater cities. Websites are being called to task for wholesale quoting of published authors, onto other person's threads not connected with that author.

I strongly encourage you to create your own wonderful thread, on the topic of Graham Hancock humanity quotes, or Mars exploration, or humanity pursuits of education, or whatever your personal/political agendas are, which are all valid for your own thread.

If you have underwater city-scapes, or imagery to contribute, at least give us the courtesy of being able to find it on Google Earth, otherwise they could be photographs from your wallet for all we know.

Otherwise, my thread and my efforts come to a screaching halt with unfocused, scattered thoughts filled with your opinions and vague pictures.
Ed Ziomek

A Need for Balance

Postby justellus » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:08 pm

As mentioned, the intent was not directly towards scattering of your thread, to the contrary.

The intent is not also to throw in another view of science, or alter you view of "science". By the way, what is your definition of science anyways? Using Google to trace under ocean visions of ancient civilizations?

It is about underwater or phenomenal satellite imagery observations that others can duplicate with Google Earth.

This is what true science is about, proposing a model and information others can duplicate. Otherwise we have pseudo-science rather then true science.

Again, I am not claiming those images I posted are scientific or can be proven, you have missed my point. I was high-lighting the fact that evidences for ancient civilizations or expressions of art work that are some way connected to ancient civilizations, seem to appear in the vast corners of the universe. This is not science unless a theory is made that can be supported by facts.

If one wishes for a post to be scientific, he must propose a theory then evidence to support the theory. If this is not being done, it is conjecture and not science.

There is no need also to quote further from Hancock - however what was posted truly is relevant towards furthering and encouraging the work of under ocean archeologists. All may not share his viewpoints, but for those who do, it can only encourage further expeditions under the ocean to confirm new discoveries made by Google earth.

The idea of another thread could be good as well, on the topics suggested. If I am not the one to initiate it, certainly someone should.

The idea of posting images that can be found with coordinates on Google earth is great also. My apologies if you wish to look for the images posted and they could not be found. The main point was that in fact images identical to the ones you are finding, such as Nefertiti, can be found in other locations in the universe, so this only confirms the possibility that they can be found under the ocean with Google earth. Do you not appreciate this hypothesis for the value and merit of contributing to this thread? If not, this would be considered a very narrow minded vision and pursuit, to not be open and excited about this connection established.

Again, I am encouraging scientific discovery of ancient civilization under the ocean with Google earth, rather then attempting to discourage it. The only question that remains is the one you posted yourself - the more images that are posted of under-water rich archeological sites, the more this could only encourage Google earth to obscure them from their maps, so as to guarantee to a group of a select few the knowledge to explore them, could it not? By the way, have you found any images that Google has obscured, after they were posted in these threads?

So continue with your pursuits and search for under-water sea scapes - as stated, I am not substituting any vision, nor attempting to insert another definition of science. Rather, I was only strengthening and fortifying the pursuit of ancient civilizations, by demonstrating that signs of these very ancient civilizations seem to appear in many universal coordinates. What better place then to begin but under our oceans? Truly a topic that would include oceans, land, other planets would be huge and extensive, perhaps even a hundred times larger then this thread. So indeed, I may take you up on that offer, if you do not wish to initiate such a thread. Not all may accept this as a valid proposition, and it may or may not be. But it truly opens the door for further pursuit of this topic of using Google to locate under water city-scapes and ancient civilization, even if from a quasi scientific point of view.

Of your threads posted recently, the one that has truly captured my attention is the one above of the famous map of Atlantis, upside down, and the possible connection with the Google map you have posted. There does seem to be some correlation indeed. This very strong apparent connection of evidence is however diluted by other posts in the thread which appear to be someone more imaginary, as another scholar recently pointed out in these threads. And from some descriptions I have seen, Atlantis was arranged in a concentric format as a city. This does not mean that it would not be located on an irregular continent however. By the way, where do you suggest the city of Atlantis existed, if it existed on that under-water possible land mass you high-lighted?

Sincerely, these types of threads carry a huge potential of benefiting these forums (by bringing in much traffic as well) and the world. A careful balance only needs to be maintained, so as to allow for information that will correlate the facts. This is only perfectly logical and reasonable to allow for this.
justellus

You are spamming me.

Postby Ed Ziomek » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:38 pm

Justellus, you are spamming me, you are intentionally ruining this thread.

Two of the image lookups you referenced are not satellite images, right? They are fictional lookups. The video lookup still did not load on my machine, although the cpu was buzzzing and buzzing away downloading something.

Net, net, I recognize your writing style from previous encounters, and previous identities. You are spamming me, and for whatever reason, and I am asking you stay off my threads, and that Kevin help in moderating this.

My intent for all this information was to place these startling tourist observations on the table to be reviewed by experts, not spammers demanding proof. Hopefully, observers from all over the world can duplicate everyone of my observations, and make their own conclusion.

So you have done damage to this thread, and I may have to stop. Congratulations.
Ed Ziomek

Postby HorizonDesign » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:38 pm

That video loads fine, just takes time.

Interesting how another contributor was treated in the same manner, despite his interest to discuss the topics:

http://arch.DesignCommunity.com/post-32 ... highlight=
HorizonDesign

Disappearing sea floor, in latest Google Earth

Postby Ed Ziomek » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:09 am

Back in the groove.

What a difference in 10 months!

First image is the area between Florida (top left), Bahamas to the right, Northern Cuba to the South, arranged in May of 2008 using the Google Earth imagery. At that time, I was highlighting the underwater convergence points that appear to be habitats and temple/city structures.

Then, bottom portion, we have today’s Google Earth image, same area, very restrained/obscured. You know what this means, of course, is that various governments are actively testing these areas, not for antiquities, but for natural gas and oil potentials, etc.

Second image: Bimini Atoll up close, yesterday and today.

And of course, ocean area development is the space race of right N-O-W!!!

And you have to believe, research efforts are being kept as silent as possible, with ocean-floor mega-gold mines of natural resources, now accessible via newer technologies. Imagine President Obama snapping his fingers and saying, “From today onward, we declare an extra 500 miles of Eastern coastline, 1200 miles from Maine south to Bimini, for possession of the Continental United States, and ditto the Pacific Coast.”

Possibly I am very wrong on this, possibly Google Ocean or Google Earth Pro give full resolution. In the meantime, Google and the US Navy, I copy you loud and clear, do what you need to do!
Ed Ziomek

PreviousNext

Return to Fireside Forum