New Forum Name - I'm bored!

This forum is for friendly discussion among DesignCommunity members on weather, sports, politics, fishing, and those other parts of life that don't fit into the topic-specific DesCom discussions.

New Forum Name - I'm bored!

Postby Derek » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:37 am

Hi all,

Now before I say anything else, I want it clearly understood that I respect every person's right to have their own point of view and would never desire to suppress anyone's right to express their own opinion.

That said, I think this forum needs to be renamed:
"Donald versus Richard (and others)"

Surely there is somewhere else other than an architecture based site where these two guys can express their views that will attract more debate on the subjects they raise? These guys both have strong opinions and that's great but they need to test their theories in a forum where many more people are interested in the content.

Sorry guys, I no longer even bother to look at your posts and I think the topics are outside even the most liberal interpretation of intent of the Fireside Forum on this site. I think it's time to move on and express you views in a more appropriate forum.
Derek

Postby Richard Haut » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:52 pm

I agree with you.

There is plenty of information available on what has been happening - and continues to happen - for people to form their own opinions and to be informed.

You make a perfectly fair point, and I do not think that there is any need for it to be discussed any further.

America (and Australia and later Britain) will vote how they want.

Sadly there is a connection with architecture. Architecture is a profession. Nobody is going to bother to pick through what a professional says to see if some of it happens to be true. They will simply cut the fee levels.

However .... boring ? Tedious or even tiresome, but architecture might start to look self-indulgent when one looks at the drop in available drinking water and sewerage across Iraq since the invasion.
Richard Haut
millennium club

Return to Fireside Forum