the Emperor's New Election

This forum is for friendly discussion among DesignCommunity members on weather, sports, politics, fishing, and those other parts of life that don't fit into the topic-specific DesCom discussions.

the Emperor's New Election

Postby Richard Haut » Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:25 pm

sorry to laugh, but really ...........................

the Department of Homeland Security has realised that the "warnings" about terror attacks may have been too effective.

there is a risk that the - will be too frightened to come out of their bunkers to vote, so they have had to broadcast a message to say that it will be safe for the timid ones to creep out and vote.

now, it would be funny if Bush lost because those still dumb enough to believe what he and his gang say didn't vote because they were too nervous to reach their local polling-stations.
Richard Haut
millennium club

Postby Architorture » Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:22 pm

i think the announcement was that there was no credible threat to polling places and such...

so it isn't okay for the department of homeland security to alleviate the fears that some might have that terrorists are interested in disrupting the election process...something we saw them attempt to do in spain not so long ago?
Architorture
millennium club

Postby Richard Haut » Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:58 pm

the deliberate misinterpretation of the actions of Spain is something that could seriously annoy me.

The Madrilenos are highly civilised and decent people - they did not deserve to be attacked. The demonstrations against the war in Spain were massive, many millions.

They threw out a government that had betrayed them and made them into a target.

Only from America does one hear the whining and snivelling of the spoilt brats too stupid and cowardly to accept responsibility for their own actions.

You wanted a war - and you have got a war.

And check the small print - Bush lied to you. The draft is coming back.
Richard Haut
millennium club

Postby Architorture » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:23 pm

i still don't get what that has to do with DHS saying...'it is safe to vote we have no credible evidence to the contrary' to people who very well might be worried that polling places will become targets...

i can see if DHS said 'don't go to the polls b/c they are all targets' then maybe that would be being manipulative...but they are doing the opposite, they are encouraging everyone to go to the polls b/c there is no reason to not vote...

guess what...the president can't just start a draft... that only comes through and act of congress... and since a bill suggesting a draft was already struck down by all but 2 representatives in the house, i'm pretty sure that is a clear answer that there will not be another draft anytime soon...

i mean if you know of some secret plan in which bush can somehow totally circumvent the system of government in which he operates please tell me...

maybe bush will just get on TV and say 'the draft has started, everyone 18-24 go to your nearest military installation for processing" and just hope that everyone believes him...

b/c at this point its not about bush lying it would be about 400 some congressional representives lying to me...so is that what you are suggesting?
Architorture
millennium club

Postby Architorture » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:21 pm

being 18-24.... i can tell you... we as a group will always leave you at the alter...
Architorture
millennium club

Return to Fireside Forum