Does anyone know the rules about articles online?

This forum is for friendly discussion among DesignCommunity members on weather, sports, politics, fishing, and those other parts of life that don't fit into the topic-specific DesCom discussions.

Does anyone know the rules about articles online?

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:53 pm

I've just stubled upon this site "- repeated forum spammers -.com", could I just borrow the technical information from the site or do I need some kind of permission?. I am writing a project for school.

Joshua

Technical information

Postby Ed Ziomek » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:56 am

What technical information are you referring to?

I can't speak for everyone, but if you use information, if you copy and paste information, I think most persons who author the individual pieces would not necessarily mind if you AT LEAST give name credit to what you use, and where you got the information from.

I find your question so oddly timed, in that I just came off a major dustup with five individual identities, most certainly the same person, who copied my material and other author's material, letter for letter, phrase for phrase, paragraph for paragraph, image for image including copywritten images, and called it his own work.

Even worse, he paired our master material with identities who were associated with bogus Homeland Security personnel, Al Qaeda Jihadist statements on another hand, and suicide bombings in Baghdad, as if I/we were the identical authors!

I can only speak for myself, I would be happy and impressed if you used my material, with the mandate that you specify my authorship and my artistic creations, and absolutely so long as you don't associate my work with any political agendas like hate groups or violence groups. In my case, I would also appreciate a message informing me of the location of its usage.

Again, your question is way too coincidental to me, given my horrific plagiarism, copywrite infringement experience of the last 60 days. It almost was as if this strange person was establishing his credibility with obscure encyclopedic information cherry-picked from the web, calling it entirely his own, in winning official journalistic credentials with Western media outlets.

You actually sound like that multi-identity individual. Dangerous.

Good luck if you are not.
Ed Ziomek

Return to Fireside Forum