treatment for hives

This forum is for friendly discussion among DesignCommunity members on weather, sports, politics, fishing, and those other parts of life that don't fit into the topic-specific DesCom discussions.

treatment for hives

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:43 am

Hi

Does anyone here have any advice on how I can get rid of hives? I am looking for a treatment for hives. A natural treatment for hives would be something that I want most. Thanks for your help.

Postby WalkerARCHITECTS » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:26 am

When you have an allergic reaction to a substance, your body releases histamine and other chemicals into your bloodstream. This causes itching, swelling, and other symptoms. Hives are a common reaction, especially in people with other allergies such as hay fever.

When swelling or welts occur around the face, especially the lips and eyes, it is called angioedema. Swelling from angioedema can also occur around your hands, feet, and throat.

To defeat hives the typical strategy is to identify what the allergy or allergies are and avoid the associated substance that triggers the allergy.

The other approach is to find a chemistry that will suppress the bodies reaction to release chemicals.

Many substances can trigger hives, including:
Animal dander (especially cats)
Insect bites
Medications
Pollen
Shellfish, fish, nuts, eggs, milk, and other foods
Hives may also develop as a result of:
Emotional stress
Extreme cold or sun exposure
Excessive perspiration
Illness (including lupus, other autoimmune diseases, and leukemia
Infections such as mononucleosis

When faced with a client who had severe allergies & hives, my approach was to filter the air to 3 microns, and reduce the toxicity of every material in the building to the maximum extent possible. Curing hives by altering the bodies reaction to the stimulus is not the focus of persons who would be found in this forum. However if you want to reduce toxicity and purify the air or water, identify the source and trigger threshold that causes the hives, I might have some advice.

Tell me what triggers the hives in the subject case or are you seeking a general cure?
WalkerARCHITECTS

Return to Fireside Forum