Osama bin Laden's "little helpers"

This forum is for friendly discussion among DesignCommunity members on weather, sports, politics, fishing, and those other parts of life that don't fit into the topic-specific DesCom discussions.

Osama bin Laden's "little helpers"

Postby Richard Haut » Mon May 02, 2011 2:30 am

Well done to the CIA and US Special Forces: Osama bin Laden, an evil man, has been disposed of. I am glad to hear that "no Americans were injured or killed" in the action.

This is not the same as the British Government calling for the assassination of Ghaddafi - bin Laden organised a major attack on America, a casus belli if ever there was one. He declared war on America.

Almost a decade ago most of the world, myself included, were baffled about what we saw. What was it ? What did it mean ? And two 'new' types of informants - hecklers - propagandists appeared: the "Shills" who pushed whatever the Governments wanted, uncritically. Paid hacks. But that is all that they were.

However the dangerous ones were the 'Conspiracy Theorists' or, as they are now more accurately known, "Paranoid Conspiracy Theorists". As Lenin said about terrorism: "It's purpose is to terrorize." The Conspiracy Theorists feed on hatred and fear. It is they who spread feelings of uncertainty and instability in a situation already involving dangers.

They put the "blame" on those they do not like - everything is surrounded by doubt and suspicion. Their actions actively help a terrorist like bin Laden.

They are Osama bin Laden's "little helpers".
Richard Haut
millennium club

No Rich, Ghaddafi and OBL are/were genocidal murderers

Postby Ed Ziomek » Mon May 02, 2011 8:21 am

Rich, on the rare occasions that we disagree, this one is a whopper.

Ghaddafi is a genocidal freak who ordered and planned the Pan Am 103 bombing, killing 270 people in the air and on the ground at Lockerbie.

That ALSO is an attack on the United States, Scotland, and humanity.

Are you saying that was/is a conspiracy?

How that murderer stayed alive this long is the bigger mystery. If anyone needs someone to pull the trigger on Ghaddafi, lets see how many tens of thousands of Americans, French, Italians, Brits would volunteer.

It is the most hellish of dilemmas, to tell a guy to stop killing his own people, to demand that he back off and allow opposition, and when that doesn't work, to decide to take out the head of the snake.

While I have no proof or knowledge of why, I would suspect it is being done to save potentially thousands of people from being killed by this murderer, IF HE IS NOT STOPPED!

Ditto OBL! Genocidal mass murderer.
Ed Ziomek

Postby Richard Haut » Mon May 02, 2011 8:45 am

Ed

if I appeared to be defending Ghaddafi, apologies - not a nice man, any more than Saddam was. However he is in charge in Libya and regime-change is very different from assassination.

Ghaddafi has attacked, and been attacked - and yes, he has been involved in terrorism, but he is not the same as OBL. If he "retired" like Idi Amin (one of the most brutal) from Uganda, then fine. The world wants him to leave power - in other words, not to have any power to abuse.

that did not apply to OBL - he was, in my view, pure terrorist. 100% terror. His only power was that of attack, of destabilization, of destruction - for those on all sides.

Ghaddafi is what he is, and in reality a product of the fight against Colonialism - brutality breeds brutality. An archaic, imposed regime was replaced by a harsh new regime, but now the time has come for that to go too.

OBL represented destruction. OBL was nobody's freedom fighter. He liberated nobody - and I suspect that he didn't care.

and that is the point: a country with which one is in dispute may become a violent enemy; it can become a war. Then one can negotiate or fight. However what was the equivalent with OBL ?

It is perhaps the difference between an attack-dog and one which has turned feral; for me, OBL was rabid, feral.
Richard Haut
millennium club

Che Guevara: Uncle Fidel gave him up?

Postby Ed Ziomek » Tue May 03, 2011 1:42 pm

Rich, while we are on this subject...

As a taxi driver, "gabby cabby", I talk to many interesting people, and hear bits and pieces of many other telephone half-conversations...

Try this one on another "Doctor Death", Che Guevara. To many of the world, he is a hero, revolutionary...etc. etc.

But to many Cubans he was a trouble making torturer, who lost his way too many times, that even Fidel came to fear him.

He certainly helped the Cuban revolution. Then he went to the Congo and tried to start a Civil War there, until I heard, fourth hand, that American Special Forces troops intervened and turned that effort around.

Che proceeded back to Argentina, blowing up supermarkets in that country, trying to start another revolution.

Well, my contact was in Engineering School when the Army came in and said "We are closing this school, either you join the Army to help us capture these criminals, or you are going home."

My contact had everything to lose, joined up with relish, trained with American Special Forces, and was in the teams that lined-up, pushing Che through the jungle back into Bolivia.

At that point, "Spanish speaking troops", in "Bolivian Army uniforms" captured him.

Well, apparently the first words out of this coward's mouth as the "Bolivian-uniforms" picked him up..."I am worth more to you alive than dead."

Two days later, bang-bang, dead and gone. Like OBL, what country did he represent? Was Che any less dangerous because he didn't represent a country? Or did this killer destroy all credibility, even for Fidel Castro, in establishing his country as a legitimate country in the eyes of the world!?

That is not the end of the story for me. 6 months later, another ride who claimed government "work" tells me... "You know, Fidel is the one who gave up his location, because he didn't want Che back in Cuba. Had he come back, he would have been assassinated, he had made too many enemies."

So apparently, as the story goes, OBL used a woman as a shield, and she was wounded in the cross-fire, so much for a cowardly killer who has murdered so many.

The story also goes that a courier was followed. Fine.

Or, OBL's dreams of killing everyone who did not agree with him, made too many enemies, and they collected some coins.

Che was a murderer. OBL and Ghaddafi are mass murderers.

Our brave troops sent two of them to the promised land. This story is far from over.

Vigilance!!!

Muslim-Americans bid good riddance to bin Laden
by Kari Huus, MSNBC.com
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42869844/ns ... ?GT1=43001
Ed Ziomek

Return to Fireside Forum