Loading Custom Hatch Patterns

Discuss 3D CAD and architectural software, and architectural rendering and design media-related topics. Moderated by the Artifice Customer Support Team.

Loading Custom Hatch Patterns

Postby deanjaan » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:06 pm

I am trying to load hatch files from StoneCAD. In the past I have been able to take hatch patterns from various sources and locate them in a file within AutoCAD LT, then use them without issue. I have never touched a .pat file or written anything in notepad or word, just simply copied the .dxf files to a file on my computer and was able to use them through AutoCAD LT 2009. Recently I had to reload the software and I can't figure out where I would go to put these hatch files. Any ideas?
deanjaan

Postby Antisthenes » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:58 pm

put the PAT files in : C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Autodesk\AUTOCAD Version\enu\Support\pats

or look in options where your pattern support path is

you could always edit your Acad.pat file and put each one in via notepad but that is a pain. there are pattern tools too i use CADslide
Antisthenes

Postby BenDavis » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:35 am

1. Add custom PAT files (*.pat) in the "support file search path", which is set in the Options dialog box, Files tab.
2. type "hatch" in Acad command line: hatch tab -> Type and pattern -> Type: Custom; Custom patten: click "..." button to choose the custom hatch pattern.

** create pat files:
1. creat a txt file, change the extension to .pat and edit it in notepad;
2. in the txt file write the "*pattern-name, description" in the first line;
P.s. the pattern name must be the same with the txt file name;
3. "angle, x-origin, y-origin, delta-x, delta-y, dash1, dash2, ?/i> " to define a hatch pattern;
4. you can use semicolon to ignore lines;

** ** example:
grass.pat:
;A hatch pattern to show grass area
*GRASS, Grass area
90, 0,0, .707106781,.707106781, .1875,-1.226713563
45, 0,0, 0,1, .1875,-.8125
135, 0,0, 0,1, .1875,-.8125
BenDavis

Return to Architectural 3D CAD Discussion