Key Commands are disappearing on Powercadd Relaunch

Discuss PowerCADD and WildTools in particular,
and related architectural drawing and drafting topics in general. Moderated by Artifice in cooperation with Engineered Software.

Re: Key Commands are disappearing on Powercadd Relaunch

Postby M-Rick » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:05 pm

I do have exactly the same problem.

And it happens on my 2 Macs, one is running with 10.7 and the other one is running with 10.10

I even tried in a VM running 10.6, same behavior …

It's even worth, with the French keyboard trying to add CMD - to instant zoom out will make PowerCADD crashing! it is the - key on a French keyboard, that's to say next to the delete key, not the one from the numeric pad which is ok, but on my laptop I have no numeric pad…
I want to set instant zoom out, with CMD - from the numeric pad, it's never kept when quitting the software…
Same for Instant zoom using CMD SHIFT + Ungroup with CMD SHIFT G and Find forward CMD ALT G none of them are kept…
I even tried to lock the settings file after having the changes made and before quitting PowerCADD, but with no luck at the next launch…

Plus, some shortcuts seems to be hardcoded. As a result, A for 'Align' becomes Q on a French keyboard… Even when it is well defined in the shortcuts preferences.
Attachments
Français 2.png
Français 1.png
M-Rick

Re: Key Commands are disappearing on Powercadd Relaunch

Postby Steve Woolf » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:28 pm

My solution to losing key commands:

I've lost my key commands on a several occasions and each time it's taken me an excruciatingly long time to figure out (well, remember actually) that it's because my keyboard input source has changed. I change it back to U.S. and my key commands are back.

I've been studying Chinese so I have a few extra keyboards set up in System Preferences/Keyboard/Input Sources, and I also checked "Show input menu in menu bar".

Since my most recent episode did not follow any conscious use of the Chinese keyboards, I must have chosen a different source by inadvertently clicking in the menu bar, or,

more likely, I typed one of the shortcuts specified in System Preferences/Keyboard/Shortcuts/Input Sources. These shortcuts toggle through your keyboard input sources, and they are specified and turned on by default. I just discovered this and I'm sure they will be useful for studying Chinese, but next time I lose my beloved powercadd key commands the pain will no doubt, again, block my memory of this solution, so I'm going to shut off those shortcuts!

Steve
Steve Woolf

Previous

Return to PowerCADD Discussion