Wildtools Leader Text Tool request

Discuss PowerCADD and WildTools in particular,
and related architectural drawing and drafting topics in general. Moderated by Artifice in cooperation with Engineered Software.

Wildtools Leader Text Tool request

Postby Rolando » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:54 pm

The font that I use most often in my working drawings is Frank the Architect. The only problem that I have with it is that when I use it in conjunction with the Leader Text Tool in Wildtools (I say Wildtools because that's the version I use) the text doesn't line up vertically where I think it should go in relation to the leader line. It's always a little low and I have to go back and move the text up manually.

A long time ago, I mentioned to Alfred that text in the PowerCadd Leader Tool always placed the Text a little too far away from the leader line. He told me he agreed, and that he either would, or had already, adjusted it in the Wildtools version. I think that's when I started using the Wildtools version.

But since that time, I discovered the Frank the Architect font and thus have this other issue with the vertical placement. I'm sure the tool is set to place the text in the most common reference point, but I wondered if it might be possible to add in the Options window for this tool, an adjustment entry box where you could enter either a + or - numerical value to change the vertical location of the text entry in relation to the leader line.

I hope I was able to adequately describe what I mean. I don't have a web image hosting service to be able to upload a screen image sample.
Rolando

Re: Wildtools Leader Text Tool request

Postby Alfred Scott » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:23 pm

Rolando,

We have a Text Adjuster tool in the NewTools palette which I think will give you some relief.

Alfred
Alfred Scott
millennium club

Return to PowerCADD Discussion